Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Frustration with Mainstream Gay Culture

Who owns the word 'gay'?

It pisses me off that stereotypes of gay men are what they are, AND that media-prominent gay groups seem to feel like they have a copyright on what it means to be gay.  I mean..WTF...is there some rule book that says gay men must all love musical theater and secretly aspire to wear women's clothes?  What the hell does 'straight acting' mean exactly?   Who is responsible for keeping these myths alive?

I appear to be, by default, a stereotypic heterosexual man.  I am a hunter, I am a carpenter, I like to work in the yard, I don't give a damn what clothes I wear as long my shirt comes off the hangar from the dry-cleaners before I put it on for work.  I am into electronics and power tools, I know more about cars and auto mechanics than is healthy for any human being.  I guess the biggest difference between me and any other 'man' would be that I don't give a shit about team sports, and I would seriously like to get fucked really hard in the ass by another guy who I care about.  That, and I would like to have a perfectly shaped penis shoved all the way down my throat.  Is that so wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment